Sunday, November 8, 2009

About This Blog

The purpose of this blog is twofold:
  • Since I am from the Sacramento Valley, it is my hope to write about, and introduce those unfamiliar with this area to the cemeteries and culture (in regards to burial traditions and gravestones) of California's "Capital Country."
  • While I am interested in cemeteries and their histories, gravestones, burial traditions, etc.  I still have MUCH to learn about these things, so this blog will also serve as a research journal and place for me to write about my discoveries in these areas.
Since most of my "hobby time" is on the weekends, a multitude of posts per month probably won't be coming out of this blog.  A minimum of two posts per month and a maximum of six posts per month will probably be the monthly range for this blog.

My main genealogy blog is here, but from now on, anything related to cemeteries, headstones and burial practices will be solely placed on this blog. 

Lastly, those interested in what the Sacramento Valley has to offer those of a Graveyard Rabbit mind set should check out these links for some basic information on the area:
(I will continue to add to this list, so re-check from time to time)

1 comment:

  1. Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah! You did it! Now, do you want to be Rabbit #50? Send me an intro/bio and a photo of yourself and any other photos you would like to include. I need it in a text format and the photos sent as jpegs in attachments to an email.

    sherifenley@gmail.com

    Welcome Leah!

    Sheri Fenley

    ReplyDelete

"Anonymous" posts won't be published and neither will posts that I deem as SPAM or inappropriate.